Our Worship Ambassadors for 2019/2020
Year 1 - Molly and Logan
Year 2 – Dexter and Caitlyn
Year 3 – Ethan and Tolu
Year 4 – Ella and Riley
Year 5 – Nathan and Lilly
Year 6 – Jasmine and Alex
What is our role?
- Ensuring that collective worship is as good as it can be
- Agreeing the Worship Policy
- Contributing to the writing of the policy – adding Bible story suggestions
- Making sure the classroom/hall is ready for worship
- Choosing relevant hymns
- Finding out about the views of pupils and parents
- Sharing prayers written by pupils in their own class every Friday afternoon. Year 6 to share reception, year 5 to share nursery
- Playing a major part in planning and delivering worship with staff and other children
- To be good role models during worship.
- To be actively involved during whole school worship – choosing relevant music, saying prayers
What are we going to achieve this year?
- Introduce a wider range of hymns/music into our collective worship
- Ensure that all classrooms have age appropriate Bibles
- Introduce “Processing the Bible” at the beginning of each whole school worship
- Meet with Fr Tommy each half term to review the collective worship delivered and agree the following half term.