Local Academy Committee Terms of Reference
There will be two main Local Academy Committee meetings during each term which all local academy committee members attend. This has removed the need for committees. Our termly meetings will have the following remit:
- Strategic Vision
Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Diocese/Worship/Links with Christ Church
- Parent Voice
- Pupil Voice
- Community – local, national and international
- Curriculum and Achievement
Holding the Principal to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff;
- Principal’s Report
- Quality of Teaching
- Pupil premium monitoring and evaluation
- Pupil progress
- Communication with parents and the local community
- Extended school – extra-curricular activities
- Finance, Personnel & Health and Safety
Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
- Equality and Diversity
- Behaviour and Discipline
- Budget setting and updates
- Health and safety
- Financial controls and reporting
In the event of an appeal panel or disciplinary panel being required, the Local Academy Committee at Christ Church CE Primary Academy has agreed that any local academy member may be asked to be a member of that panel subject to availability, training and lack of personal involvement.
Guidance on Meetings
- There will be occasions where attendance at the meetings will include people who are not local academy committee members.
- A member of the teaching staff will be invited to one of the local academy committee meetings during an academic year to share relevant information about the progress their class are making and the leadership of their national curriculum subject.
- The quorum for a meeting will be at least 2/3 of the local academy committee.
Chair of the Local Academy Committee: Mr Colin Parkes
c/o Christ Church CE Primary Academy, William Street, Fenton, Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 2JG
|Name||Type of Member|
|Andy Colclough (Vice Chair)||Parent|
|Colin Parkes (Chair)||Trust Appointed|
|Rob Kenyon||Trust Representative|
|Paula Scattergood (Principal)||Ex Officio|
|Revd Andrew Wicken||Trust Appointed|
|Emma Wilkes||Vice Principal/ Associate Member|
|Louise Warrilow||Clerk to the Local Academy Committee|
The following link members were agreed by the Local Academy Committee. These will be reviewed annually (autumn term):
Safeguarding and Child Protection: Mr Rob Kenyon
SEN/LAC/PLAC: Mr Andy Colclough