Please see below our latest Ofsted report, 25/26 April 2023 where we were judged to be a Good school.
To access the Ofsted website please follow the link below:
These are a few of the wonderful things that Ofsted said about our Good school:
“At Christ Church, the school’s motto of ‘Learning with God and each other to be the
best we can be’ is evident in all aspects of leaders’ work. Leaders have high
aspirations for all pupils and want them to thrive in learning and life.”
“Pupils are happy to come to school and feel safe and well cared for.”
“Pupils behave well during lessons, around school and at playtimes. They are well
rewarded for this behaviour. Pupils have positive attitudes towards learning.”
“Leaders and staff have worked hard to improve the school’s curriculum. They have
high aspirations for all children.”
“Leaders are committed to giving pupils a wide range of experiences in and out of
school and to develop them as individuals.”
“Pupils know how to keep themselves safe both in their locality and when using the
internet. Pupil health and safety ambassadors help to ensure that pupils are safe in
“Pupils enjoy responsibilities that promote their independence and prepare them for
the future. These responsibilities start in early years. Pupils can be ambassadors in
friendship, sports, gardening, library and health and safety. They are proud of their
roles and say, ‘it makes us feel good to know we are helping other people’.”
As a school we are always striving to ensure that we are delivering the best possible education for your child to ensure that they are developing academically, socially and emotionally. To help us to do this we have regular monitoring visits and audits as well as visits from Ofsted. Please see below some of the wonderful things that have been said by Ofsted, HMI and our parents.
Feedback from Parents
- A wonderful school to send your children to. The teachers and assistants always go the extra mile to ensure that the school is run well and solely for the benefit of the pupils. I’m very pleased with my daughters progress this year. She is very happy and proud of her school.
- My child loves school and has progressed wonderfully so far and I can’t wait to see him grow and improve throughout the rest of his school life.
- I looked online at a few different schools when I moved to the area and Christ Church looked to me like it would be suitable. But never did I think I could be so happy with the choice I made. The staff at Christ Church have gone above and beyond my expectations. Nothing is ever too much trouble for them. Staff are always polite and so helpful when you call and they do whatever they can to help. My son has a very good relationship with all the staff from the head mistress, his buddy, reception staff, his teacher, TAs, dinner staff, supply teachers. He never has anything negative to say about school and loves going to school everyday. As a parent it makes life so much better having a school that are helpful and communicate well with parents. I just love the school and wish my son wasn’t leaving for secondary school.
- My son continues to enjoy school and has been actively supported during times of emotional/mental difficulty with really positive results. We are looking forward to Year 6 and what follows. Thanks for all your support.
- The school has made my son grow stronger each and every year. The staff are outstanding and show growth mindset on all the challenges they do for my son. My son’s achievement will continue to get better thanks to the outstanding teaching at this school.
- Thank you for taking such good care of my son. He has progressed and seems to be doing really well. The teachers and assistants always go the extra mile to ensure that the school is run well and solely for the benefit of the pupils.
Ofsted Inspection 2016
- Leaders have successfully increased pupils’ progress and raised standards across the school.
- The school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is good.
- Pupils are confident and inquisitive at Christ Church.
- The behaviour of pupils is good.
- Behaviour across the early years is a strength. Children are very settled and listen attentively to everything that staff say. They are highly inquisitive and want to show visitors everything that they do.
- Boys and girls love to write.
- Pupils say that they know how to stay safe online and that there is someone to talk to if they are worried about anything.
HMI Visit, September 2017
- Staff continue to work hard to ensure that pupils attend school regularly. High rates of attendance are celebrated and rewards for pupils who attend school regularly are motivational.
- Leaders provide many different ways for parents and carers to become involved in the school.
Termly Teaching and Learning Reviews
- Visually stimulating displays, especially writing, in corridors and classrooms
- Exemplary behaviour by pupils.
- High quality learning in EYFS
Please find our latest Ofsted report below.
Please follow the link below to give your views via Parent View.